According to the Dosha
Sustainable, Seasonal, Satisfying
Let's make it Easy
Choose Your Diet According to Your Dosha, the Time of Your Life & the Season.
In Every Season
+ Proper Quantity + After Previous Meal is Digested + Not too Fast, Not too Slow + Full Attention + No Distractions + Heavy Conversations or Business Meetings
It is wise to take a few moments before beginning to eat to become aware or your state of mind. Settle the mind & body of anything that may obstruct the positive passageway of food.
Ayurveda encourages a more plant based diet. However, in pursuit of any balance we must find what works for our own individuality. Choosing to purchase organic & seasonal foods will always be better.
The Six Tastes
- Sweet: Grains, Legumes, Dairy, Sweet Fruits, Sugar, Some Veggies
- Sour: Lime/Lemon, Cultured Milk, Sour Fruit, Fermented Food
- Salty: Nuts, Seeds, Salty Foods
- Pungent: Spices - Black Pepper, Cumin, Chili/Cayenne, Cloves, Cinnamon, Ginger, Radish, Onion
- Bitter: Veggies, Leafy Greens, Fenugreek, Cabbage, Turmeric
- Astringent: Honey, Walnuts, Unripe Apples, Persimmon, Pomogranate, Berries, Uncooked Beans/Lentils, Turmeric